Towel rail radiators or simple, heated towel rails are rails designed to heat towels before we use them. In many countries, especially in European ones, these towel warmers have been used as both towel dryers as well as towel racks. Towel warmers not only dry and heat towels but also heat the surrounding air and hence, the environment. Two kinds of towel warmers are available- traditional ones which plumbed in, and the water is heated from a broiler in the center, and electric towel warmers that use electrical resistance to heat up water (or sometimes, oil) inside its unit.
What it’s Composed of & How it Functions:
Aluminum, stainless steel, or steel are the materials used to make a towel warmer. Some lesser-used materials are copper or brass. Lacquer, chrome plating, or polished steel is often used for doing the finishing work of these warmers. Heating cables or cartridges can be used to heat up dryers or warmers. Another method to heat them up is by circulating hot water that is connected to a heating source in the center. Most machines use a combination of the two. During winter, the machine is heated with water while in summers, it’s heated by electricity. In a cozy and small bathroom, a towel warmer can also work as a radiator. Turnable and ladder are two types of towel warmer machines available in the market.
- It has a certain sense of style and aesthetic that can be appealing to the charm of a room or the bathroom.
- Towels can be warmed or dried much quicker because they are in direct contact with the rod that emanates radiation or heat.
- Towel warmers use less water than cast iron radiators or plate radiators, which is why it is considered to be economical and ecological than other machines trying to do the same job.
- It can come in various shapes and sizes, which makes it easier to fit into small rooms or bathrooms to provide even heating (working as a radiator). They can be as long or as short as you want, depending upon the size of the room you want to place them in.
- The very first con is actually directly linked with one of its pros. The feature where towel warmers dry towels faster by being in direct contact with them can hamper its radiating quality on the whole room because there’s an obstruction in the path of the radiators. It will take a longer time to heat up the room like this. Hangers and radiator accessories have been developed in such ways that the cons can be eliminated and replaced with equal pros.
- The slim tubes provide for slower and inefficient heating in the rooms as the reverse of convection works in this case. To increase efficiency, the aesthetic aspect has to be compromised.